Senegal has been part of the African Union since 25 May 1963 (at its foundation it was the Organization of African Unity – from 1963 to 1999), UEMOA – Economic and Monetary Union of West Africa, and ECOWAS – Economic Community of West African States as well as being a signatory to the African Continental Free Trade Treaty which it ratified on March 12, 2019.
Discover here the 3rd Senegal Economic Forum in Italy organized by Barbara de Siena and UP2gether.
Let’s discover Senegal together
Senegal, a country in sub-Saharan West Africa, has Dakar as its capital and, according to information from the Apix – the country’s investment agency – there are eight reasons to invest here:
- it is a stable and open country
- it has a healthy and competitive economy
- possesses quality human resources
- modern infrastructures have been built
- has a legal and fiscal framework that encourages investment
- it is certainly a privileged access to the continent and international markets
- can offer an exceptional quality of life
- provides a very attractive business climate
The fastest growing sectors in Senegal are:
- Agriculture and agro-business
- Digital economy
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Rice supply chain
Projects in Senegal
The projects carried out by Senegal and in progress make it a real laboratory for investing and working in Africa.
The promotion of the territory carried out by Apix and its assistance with top-level services, in addition to the Special Economic Zones and the incentives offered by the country to investors, make it the gateway to work, sell and produce in and for Africa.
There are 3 Special Economic Zones in Senegal:
In fact, the best projects are listed below:
- Ferlo Electric Project (Matam2-Linguère-Touba)
- The Oriental Society of Senegal of Iron Mines (MIFERSO)
- The construction of desalination plants
- Urban planning of Joal-Finio
- Urban planning of Pointe Saréne and Mbodiéne
- The social housing program
- The city of knowledge
- The construction of university residences
- Rehabilitation of regional airports
- The establishment of a network of Higher Institutes
- The Park of Digital Technologies
- The Digipôle digital activity poles
Discover here some PPP projects in Senegal
April 4, 1960
Internet country code
Mali, Mauritania, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Gambia, Atlantic Ocean
Documents and visas
Passport valid for more than 6 months. Visa requirement
Yellow fever recommended
Here are some useful links to get to know the country and find some information directly at the source, essential to be able to operate. UP2gether is at your disposal for the translation of the documents necessary for the realization of your project in Senegal.
The Emerging Senegal Plan is the basis of the country’s development project.
UP2gether is available to analyze your project and make a study on the laws, agreements and conventions that will allow your project to work perfectly both to sell abroad and to set up a company or find the right partner in Senegal.
Il tuo titolo va qui
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Go abroad and export can give companies a second life
A good internationalization strategy can truly change the fate of companies.
So exporting, finding partners or doing joint ventures can broaden the market for any company.
CALL ME OR BOOK
+33 6 24 08 74 67